$1000 A DAY
Viewa – $1000 A DAY Promotion terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Entrants under 18 years, must have prior parental or legal guardian consent to enter.
3. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner’s parent/legal guardian to prove their parental status/ legal guardianship at the time of winner notification. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a person/s mistakenly represents themselves to be a winners parent and/or legal guardian, then that person will be liable for all costs associated with relocating and/or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to and administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). Where relevant, the Promoter is only responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded to a person who is either a parent or legal guardian of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or taking direction that relates to any ongoing family law negotiations and/or determinations. These are the responsibility of the winner and their respective parent/s and/or legal guardian/s.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s proof of purchase, identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per specified download and purchase requirement; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
7. The entire Promotion commences 12.01am AEDST on 14 November 2012. Final entries close 12.00AM (Midnight) AEDST on 7 January 2013 (“promotional period”). Each individual draw period opens at 12.01am and closes at 12.00am (Midnight) on the dates stipulated in Table A. The draws will take place at the promoter’s premises 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000, AT 10.00AM (AEDST) on the dates as stipulated in Table A Below. All winners will be notified in writing and by telephone using the contact details given in their entry. The Winners names will be published in the public notices section of the Australian on the dates stipulated in Table A.
|TABLE A: Draw Period||Open||Close||Draw Date||Draw Time||Publishing Date|
8. (a) To enter, consumers must purchase any of the participating magazines (with the following cover dates or monthly issues as stipulated below) during the promotional period:
WEEKLY MAGAZINE COVER DATE:
Woman’s Day – 26/11/2012, 3/12/2012, 10/12/2012, 17/12/2012
NW – 26/11/2012, 3/12/2012, 10/12/2012, 17/12/2012
OK! – 26/11/12/2012, 3/12/2012, 10/12/2012, 17/12/2012
Grazia– 26/11/2012, 3/12/2012, 10/12/2012, 17/12/2012
TV Week – 24/11/2012, 1/12/2012, 8/12/2012, 15/12/2012
Take 5 – 21/11/2012, 28/11/2012, 5/12/2012, 12/12/2012, and 19/12/2012
Zoo Weekly – 26/11/2012, 3/12/2012, 10/12/2012, 17/12/2012
AMCN – issue 1224, issue 1225
Australian Women’s Weekly – December issue
Madison – December 2012 issue
Dolly – December 2012 Issue
Cleo – December 2012 issue
Cosmopolitan- January 2013 issue
Gourmet Traveller – December 2012 issue
Gourmet Traveller Wine – December/ January issue
Money- December 2012 issue
Good Health – January 2013 issue
Recipes Plus – December 2012 issue
Women’s Fitness- December 2012 issue
Tech Life- January 2013 issue
Real Living – Xmas special issue, December 2012 issue
House & Garden – January 2013 issue
Empire- January 2013 issue
Rolling Stone – January 2013 issue
Top Gear – December 2012 issue
Wheels – December 2012 issue
Australasian Dirt Bike – January 2013 issue
Street Machine – December 2012 issue
4X4 – January 2013 issue
(b) And then download the viewa app from iTunes or Google Play; and
(c) Then to enter, individuals must select the relevant magazine channel (while in the viewa app) and hold the phone over the competition page in the relevant magazine issue (as stipulated above clause 8) or over any page in the relevant magazine with the viewa logo on it, during the promotional period, and follow the prompts to the competition entry form. Individuals must fill in the entry form including full name, address, current valid email address, daytime Telephone number and the name of the magazine they purchased and submit the entry as instructed.
9. Entrants must retain their original magazine and/or their valid purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the required magazine and/or a valid purchase receipt for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize.
10. There will be fifty-four (54) individual draw periods throughout the entire promotional period.
The first (1) valid entry drawn from each individual draw period will be deemed the winner and will receive:
$1000 – awarded in the form of a cheque made in favour of the winner.
The total prize pool for each individual draw period is valued at $1000.00. Prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize. These are the responsibility of the winner.
11. All prizes must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable, exchangeable. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
12. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the Prize winner. Delivery of the Prize is valid to any state and/or city in Australia.
13. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
14. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
15. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
16. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
18. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
19. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
20. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 8 April 2013 at the same time and place as the original draws in order to distribute any unclaimed. Any winner from this draw will be notified in writing and their name will be published in the public notices of the Australian on 11 April 2013.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
24. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
26. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice (see Contents Page for location in this issue).
27. By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
28. The Promoter is ACP Magazines Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.
29. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/12/09302, ACT: TP12/04302.